Dopamine is a neurotransmitter responsible for the pleasure rewarding system, which when goes beyond the limitation can cause mood swings, memory loss, focus, etc. and a severe addiction to the activity, because dopamine has been secreted.
Causes of High Dopamine Production
- Too Much Stress: Stress plays a very vital role in disturbing the production of dopamine either makes it low or more.
- Sleeplessness: Insomnia is another cause of an increase in dopamine.
- Drugs: Both prescription and recreational drugs are responsible as they work by increasing the dopamine levels as a treatment for Parkinson’s disease, restless leg syndrome, etc.
- Addictives: Addiction towards nicotine, caffeine, cocaine, ecstasy, etc.
- Behavioral Change with Internet Addiction Disorder like online shopping, pornography, video games, gambling, etc.
- Bacopa: It helps in enhancing memory, boosts learning and concentration, ideal for age-related mental issues. It reduces anxiety and depression.
- White Mulberry: Apart from lowering dopamine levels, it also regulates blood sugar levels, controls appetite, and is considered very good in lowering the weight.
- Amino Acids: The sulfur based amino acids like methionine, cysteine, taurine tends to lower the dopamine levels.
- Noni Fruit: Apart from lowering the dopamine levels, it also is used for cold, flu, diabetes, blood pressure, depression and anxiety.
- Magnolia Bark: It is a relaxant that is excellent for stress relief, anxiety and depression.
- Licorice Root: It contains compounds that block the production of dopamine and is used to treat digestive disorders and heal ulcers.
Anything that goes beyond limitation is absolutely not good for the health of the brain, therefore, be careful and take proper care.