Neurotransmitters are basically chemicals that are present in the brain whose function is to carry information throughout our brain and body. For this information communication, they take the help of nerve signals transmitted by neurons.
To highlight the massive significance of neurotransmitters, it would be a good idea to highlight some of the activities which they facilitate:
- Instructing the heart to beat.
- Initiate the breathing activity of the lungs.
- Instruct the stomach to digest the food.
- Effect things ranging from your weight to your mood.
Hence, optimal levels of neurotransmitters are essential to live a healthy life. However, there are various external factors which lead to a drop in their levels. Some of them are:
- Constant Stress
- Inadequate Diet
We have two kinds of neurotransmitters in our body and these are what the Alpha Levo IQ herbs affects:
- Inhibitory Neurotransmitters: They help in balancing function and also in calming the brain. They regulate the mood. They are of three types:
- Serotonin- It is necessary for balance creation in the body, regulation of sleep, pain, carbohydrate craving, digestion and a robust immune system. High levels of caffeine cause the levels of this neurotransmitter to drop.
- Gaba- Extreme levels of this neurotransmitter indicates ‘over- firing’ in the brain. It is needed to balance this over-firing, which isn’t something desirable in the brain.
- Dopamine- Is related to focus and depression.
- Excitatory Neurotransmitters: They are required to stimulate the brain. Also comes in three types, which are:
- Dopamine- It falls under this category as well because of its dual nature. Extreme levels of this neurotransmitter cause forgetfulness, lack of focus and higher tendencies to daydream. They are responsible for our motivation levels.
- Norepinephrine- It concerns itself with stimulatory procedures of the body. A low level can cause anxiety, low levels of energy and concentration.
- Epinephrine- It regulates our blood pressure and heart rate.