Nootropics are substances which occur in nature. Consumption of these nootrpics makes the cognitive functions of the brain more efficient. Unlike ‘smart-drugs’, nootropics can be taken on a long term basis as they do not have any side-effects, and hence are not detrimental to health.
However, there have not been many studies which have given conclusive evidence to indicate the extent of influence many nootropics have on the human brain, as the brain in itself too remains an organ about which we do not know as much as we would have liked to.
Examples of nootropics are:
- Caffeine: Its role can be seen primarily as a compound which prevents sleep. However, people who have a lot of caffeine eventually get immune to its effects. Plus, it is a well known fact that having too much of tea and coffee which contain a lot of caffeine is not part of a healthy lifestyle.
- Vinpocetine: The Periwinkle plant contains this compound which not only is an anti-aging agent but also protects the sensitive brain cells. Though enough evidence has not yet been accumulated, some studies indicate that vinpocetine increases memory and stimulates blood flow.
- L-Carnitine: It is mainly known for its effect on the body’s metabolism and the protection it provides to the mitochondria which are the powerhouses of cells.
- 5-HTTP: It is said to be important for a person to feel happy as it a prerequisite for the formation of serotonin, the neurotransmitter which is said to be responsible for the same.
- L-Tyrosine: It is a kind of amino acid which is required for the production of dopamine and noradrenaline. It acts as an anti-stressor for the people who have a very stressful lifestyle.
Apart from these chemical compounds, people can also increase their cognitive functions by making use of the other things provided by nature- things like music, light and darkness. Some of the above ingredients are ingested with Alpha Levo IQ.