What is a vitamin? It is an organic compound and a very essential nutrient that is required in small quantities in order to enhance normal growth and nutrition of an individual.
If taken in right quantity, it boosts one’s memory, but vitamin deficiency actually causes lots of health issues.
There are totally 13 vitamins. There are two types of vitamins based on their solubility. They are:
1. Fat Soluble Vitamins (Vitamins D, A, K and E): These vitamins are accumulated in the fat cells and require fat for absorption into the system.
2. Water Soluble Vitamins (Vitamin B and C): These two set of vitamins are soluble in water and do not get stored in the system as they get excreted out through urine.
1. Vitamin A: They can be either retinol or carotene, and the most common is beta carotene. 10,000 units per day is usually the prescribed amount of intake as vitamin A deficiency leads to vision problems and finally blindness.
Sources from Food:
2. Vitamin D: This vitamin is also referred to as the sunshine vitamin as it is formed in the human system with the exposure of sunlight. It increases one’s mood, memory gets improved, and the problem-solving ability gets enhanced.
3. Vitamin E: This vitamin is actually excellent for the brain as well as the heart.
When it is combined with Vitamin C:
4. Vitamin K: It is highly important for:
1. Vitamin B: They are also referred to as anti-stress vitamins or happy vitamins as they protect the brain from a mood disorder, memory loss, ageing of the brain, depression, etc. This is actually done by producing neurotransmitters, which are highly important for a balanced state of mind.
There are totally eight types of vitamin B. They are:
A study in the University of Oxford has resulted that taking B-complex vitamins (B6, B12 and folate) actually
Vitamin B12 deficiency leads to:
Sources of Vitamin B:
Sources of Food for Vitamin B12:
2. Vitamin C: This vitamin is a natural antidepressant and also an antioxidant when taken along with vitamin E. It removes heavy metals like lead, mercury, and aluminum from the brain. People who smoke and who are under stress can take vitamin C to combat the damage.
Vitamins are very essential for our body and so take all healthy foods in prescribed limited quantities and stay brain healthy and heart healthy as well.